International Journal for Lesson and Learning Studies (IJLLS)is inviting submission of book reviews for the WALS-Routledge Lesson Study Series. This series aims to provide opportunities for researchers and practitioners in Lesson Study to share their work beyond the boundaries of their countries to an international audience. As a means to provide a comprehensive survey of the work in this series, we are inviting book reviews on the four books (see here for the book list) published in the WALS-Routledge Lesson Study Series. The book reviews serve the purpose of providing a critical, comprehensive, and concise review of publications. Therefore, the book reviews submitted to IJLLS should include detailed synopses and evaluations of the books and evaluate critically the contributions of the books to the field of Lesson Studies.
The book review should be 1500-2000 words in length and include:
- a summary of book’s information, including author(s) or editor(s) first and last name(s), title of book, year of publication, name of publisher and total page number.
- a concise overview of the primary themes of the book.
- a critical analysis of the book’s significance and contribution to scholarship and practice
- an evaluation of the strengths and weaknesses of the book, which might incorporate comparison of others works on this subject.
- References, if applicable
Members of the WALS PhD and Early Career Researchers who are interested in submitting the book reviews please complete the Google Form here, by 30th June 2021. Expression of interest will be reviewed by the WALS PhD and Early Career Researchers organising committee.