- Abstract submission deadline extended to 1 June 2014
- 30 November 2013 - First Call for Papers
- 28 February 2014 - Second Call for Papers
- 01 June 2014 - Deadline for Abstract Submission
- 01 July 2014 - Notification of Acceptance
- 30 August 2014 - Deadline for Early Bird Registration and Payment
- 30 September 2014 - Deadline for Regular Registration and Payment
- 30 October 2014 - Publication of the Online Program
- 24 November 2014 - Expert Seminar (By Invitation)
- 01 November 2014 - Deadline for Full Paper Submission
- 25-27 November 2014 - WALS Conference
- 28 November 2014 - School Visit
The World Association of Lesson Studies (WALS) aims to promote and advance the research and practices of Lesson Study in order to improve the quality of teaching and learning. It provides a platform for research collaboration, mutual assistance and information exchange among its members. It is made up of educational researchers and teaching professionals committed to the improvement of the quality of learning.
Lesson Study as a tool for professional learning is now practised in many countries and it has helped schools around the world develop into learning communities. Our annual conferences bring together researchers, school leaders and teachers from various countries including China, Japan, Singapore, Vietnam, Brunei, Sweden, UK and USA to share their experience and practice of lesson studies. They also provide opportunities for participants to discuss current and enduring issues pertaining to teaching, learning and research on Lesson Study.